[blparent] blparent re chore listS

dawn stumpner dawn205120 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:31:44 UTC 2014

Hi, Stephanie!
  I like using velcro and braille in combination with print or
pictures.  I have done chore charts several different ways, but
one way that is easy after you do the initial set-up is to make
little cards "maybe like half the size of index cards) with print
and braille on the front (or pictures and braille if kids are not
reading yet).  Then I put Velcro on the back, and I have
something that the velcro can stick to, which could be either a
cloth or a paper with the corresponding backs to the Velcro.
Then you can just put the names like you have across the top, and
you can add whichever chore from your supply of chore list cards
and just stick it on under the kids' names in their column with
Velcro.  When the chore is finished, they could take the chore
off the list by pulling it off the velcro, or if you were
interested, I suppose you could make little velcro stars or happy
faces, but I didn't do that.  I like Velcro because you can just
reuse the chore cards, and you don't have to waste paper or write
things again and again, and it's easy for all ages to use.  You
can use lots of eye-catching colors for the print writing or have
your little one draw pictures that you use for the picture-based
ones like a picture of a kid feeding the cat or just a cat dish,
depending on how much they like to draw.  You could even use
little photos of the chores, I guess, though I didn't.
  Good luck! Have fun with it!
  Dawn