[blparent] doing hair

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Fri Mar 7 20:06:28 UTC 2014

You have a lot of time to practice.  You can do it by feel.  What I would
recommend to start is to get one of those hairstyling doll toys for little
girls and practice on that.  Practice braiding and putting in pigtails and
the like since the doll will sit still for you.  *Smile.*  You can find the
toys on Amazon and the like.  Wet hair is a lot easier to work with.  Oh,
and the best thing I ever bought for my hair and my little girl's, that has
cut way down on the fussing, is the Michelle Mercier Detangling Brush.  Skip
the TV offer.  Go to WalterDrake.com.  It's $20 there plus $4 shipping, so
it's still kind of pricey but way less than the TV offer if you only need
one brush, and it was the best money I ever spent!  It slides through wet
tangled hair like a hot knife through butter.  No more tangles, no more
tears, no more trying to get your kid to stand still while you work out the
snarls.  Oh, and big scrunchies and berettes are a lot easier to use than
the little tiny clips, at least till the girls get old enough to put them in
by themselves.  Good luck.

Congrats on your baby girl!

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.