[blparent] bells on shoes

Kai Johnson via blparent blparent at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 14:03:09 UTC 2014

Hi Tara,
We experimented a lot to find bells we liked and ended up finding
approximately 1/2 inch diameter, painted bells in the bead district in
NYC (where many stores have small bells with loops to attach them to
things). We didn't like the ones from Michaels and other big box craft
stores, since they were too tinny and flimsy.

We sew them on with thread at the heels, although on some shoes if
they're too close to the top (like rain boots) they have a tendency to
flip inside, so sewing them high on the back is better in that case.
If thread breaks you can also sew with dental floss and it seems to
last longer.

Good luck,
Kai