[blparent] First time mom with many questions!

Briley O'Connor brileyoc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 02:59:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in April, and we’re super excited. I’ve been a member of the NFB most of my life and have had a good amount of experience with babies, but this preparing for baby thing is way more overwhelming than I thought. The internet almost makes it worse. There are about 3263 things I’m supposed to put on my registry, not to mention that most things don’t come with a “great for blind parents” disclaimer. Anyway, any tips about necessary gear or useful blindness specific products would be amazing! I’ll take any advice, but my numero uno priority is an infant carseat that’s light and sturdy without a base since neither of us drive, and a good stroller with an easy fold.

I’m excited to hear from everyone and to get to know you.

Best,
Briley