[blparent] thanks for all the tips and supportive coments everyone has sent in so far about teen driving

Pipi Adams blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:31:54 UTC 2014

Dawn,
In order for your children to be covered under your friend's insurance while practicing with a permit, your friend needs to check if they have permissive driver coverage. They best way to have affordable coverage is to have a relative cover your children under their insurance. You could pay them the cost of premium. If you purchase a car, you should put it in your child's name so they can be the driver of record. This is so if there is a claim, a check would be written to your kid and not the relative carrying the insurance.
We talked to underwriters today. There is no way to have you listed as primary without having a dl.
Hope this helps some.

Sincerely,
Pipi