[blparent] clipping Fingernails

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Sep 6 04:29:05 UTC 2014

I didn't like biting my daughter's fingernails.  When she was a baby, I used
to wait till after I gave her a bath and her nails were soft and pliable,
then gently peel them back once they were long enough for me to get my own
nail under.  It didn't cause her any pain, and the nails came off smoothly
all in one piece because they were damp after the bath and easy to work
with.  Then I'd just file any rough corners with a fine grit emery board or
nail file.  She still sometimes lets me do her nails that way, although
she's getting big enough now that it isn't as easy, and they need to be cut
with the clippers more often.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.