[blparent] Penmanship.

Brandy W., with Discovery Toys ballstobooks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 22:10:23 UTC 2014

You can buy stencils both that are a whole sheet with cutouts for each letter with arrows to show the strokes, and individual smaller stencils. I have them for lower and upper case. You can get them for denilian, and classic printing. They are a great tool. Using an Ipad with stylus pen and a handwriting app also works. Sand paper tracing letters and programs like handwriting without tears are also options. Simple handwriting practice sheets can be printed from the internet or bought in books. Children can write in play dough, sand or shaving cream. When I'm teaching children handwriting I use the methods and also have them write in a daily journal. Then once a week I have a reader look at the journal and tell me what the weaknesses and strengths of the writing are when it comes to penmanship are. I then note those things and work with the child. Sometimes the reader will copy a journal entry written correctly for the child to see and practice from. I also have writing practice cards one can use dry erase crayons and markers with. These are only a few options for teaching penmanship.

Bran