[blparent] Homeschooling as a Blind Parent

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 22:21:35 UTC 2014

Well, I used to have my own children spell the word if it was in
question? You could also have a friend family member or neighbor
prroof the handwriting. And how about having her trace letters from
time to time for good measure.

Making some local homeschooling friends Is a great place to start and
searching out homeschooling groups in your area.
Yahoogroups used to have many different groups even so far as reating
to specific curricula.
First though you have some homework to do. Ask yourself these questions:
1. What method(s) and materials would I like to use with my child? Is
this best for her learning needs? Is it feasible for me as a blind
parent?

2. Will Ihave to prepare materials before I can start teaching? How
will this be accomplished?

3. can I afford the curriculum of my choosing and will I be able to
have enough money for startup materials and extras like traditional
school supplies?

4. Do we have enough discipline to pull this off and still manage the
house and other task?

5. How will I prepare regular submissions to my state and local
districts for assessment an accountability?

That's it for now.

HTH,
Danielle