[blparent] Newbie Introduction

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:22:01 UTC 2015

		Congraduations Christy.
What are you nervous about? There isn't anything unique about being nervous,
and there isn't anything different about doing this stuff when you're blind.
A sick kid doesn't care if you're blind, they just want mom.
As for doctors, find ones you like, just like you do for yourself. Nothing
special about doctor appointments. Ditto for daycares.
Realize too that you don't have to do daycare. Staying home is always an
option. I say that because people often don't realize they can. It took me
years (I'm not making that up) to figure that out. And, I may go back to
work at some point if the right job and family circumstances line up. No
matter what you do, you will have days when you wish you were doing
something else. If you have them too often, that's a problem, but every once
in a while is pretty normal. I say this to you so you know that you don't
have to drop the baby off at daycare and go back to work unless it is
something you really want to do.