[blparent] school projects

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Nov 4 21:36:09 UTC 2015

I remember one time in Campfire Girls we made turkeys.  The body was an
apple, and you position the apple with the top and bottom of the core going
horizontal so that, for instance one end of the apple is on the right, the
other on the left, head on the right, tailfeathers on the left.

>From there, you place tooth picks in the bottom undersides of the apple to
represent legs.  On the foot end of each toothpick you place an olive.

The tail feathers are made by placing toothpicks in a fan-shape across the
back end of the turkey  to form fluffed-out tail feathers, and you string
raisins on each toothpick until they are all covered.  The head you could
place a toothpick deeper into the apple on the top near the front end, and
place another olive.  Turkey heads are very small compared to their
tailfeathers.

A fun way to make a turkey out of food.

Judy