[blparent] police called

Jennifer S Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Wed Nov 4 20:11:22 UTC 2015

We post here occasionally about our own fears or experiences as blind
parents and various local authorities. I think I shared before about being
out on an o and m walk and having people call the police because I was out
walking with a baby. That same day I was reported to my mother and sister by
various people who saw me out including the one who said that I was with a
man who was not my husband. J

So today I was working out at the gym when  I received a call from an
unidentified caller and I almost did not answer. My 11 year old had actually
just left a few minutes before after stopping in on his way from home to the
library. The police sergeant identified himself and just wanted to confirm I
knew were Henry was. In fact when I sounded concerned he assured me that his
family home schools to and that my son was polite and respectful.

I know this is kind of a no news event, but I think sometimes we forget to
share when things are going well as they probably are most of the time.

Jennifer J