[blparent] Car seats for a toddler

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Sun Nov 22 05:06:50 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a good car seat or booster for a 3.5 year old.
I know the laws vary from state to state I'm in California if that makes a difference.

I currently have 2 different brands and models of convertible car seats and those are cumbersome, heavy and awkward in my experience I know they're not something that I could handle on my own and still hold onto my son and the cane or guide dog.

There are times when my parents help me out and we have a convertible car seat in each of their cars one of which  that were considering replacing for a new car seat or booster seat.

I'm looking for a lightweight safe car seat to leave at my house for times when I get rides or use Para transit to take my son to and from preschool. Something that can easily be put in and taken out without being time consuming. As I know that the Para transit drivers aren't allowed to help. I also need it to be light weight enough that I can carry it by myself and still have a hold of my son and cane at the moment, soon to be switched for a Guide Dog.

Thanks for your help.
Jennifer W.