[blparent] What talking thermometer do all of you prefer?

Kai Johnson ksjohnson3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:56:17 UTC 2015

For newborns less than 6 weeks, though, the temperature matters for whether
they do a spinal tap or not (I believe it's over 101.4 they consider it an
emergency). So it is important to have some solution, otherwise you have to
go to the emergency room any time you suspect it is over 100 degrees, in
order to know for sure.

We have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Healthsmart-18-935-000-Digiscan-Multi-function-Thermometer/dp/B008DVRIIU/ref=sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1441738508&sr=8-4&keywords=talking+thermometer
which varies a lot, but all of the arterial thermometers vary between
readings. It's important to keep the sensor clean (with a q-tip or a
tissue), and then it has been accurate enough for us.

Good luck!
Kai