[blparent] How do you give eye drops to a new-born?

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:09:40 UTC 2016

Hi Darrell,
One method I've used is you just pull the bottom eyelid down a little
bit with one finger and hold it in place. Then you bring your other
hand with the bottle and use your hand holding the eyelid as a guide
to know where to place the head of the dropper and then squeeze. Yes
you will spill some and you will wonder if enough goes in but using
the bottom eyelid is much more effective than using the top eyelid. It
is much harder to hold the top eyelid up and the baby will try to
blink etc etc so that's why the bottom eyelid is a better way to go.
Good luck to you all!
Ronit