[blparent] Buggies and canes

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:01:17 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm an NFB Member at Large living in the UK, and our first child - a daughter - was born on Friday.  I'm blind but my wife is a sightling.  Touch wood, all is going well so far.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to use a buggy while navigating with a cane.  The only thing I can think of is to pull the buggy behind me, a bit like I would with a wheeled suitcase, and ensure the cane ark is wide enough to cover the buggy.

Is this what others do or are there alternatives? I'll probably use a sling or a babycarrier for longer trips, but a buggy might be handy in some circumstances.

Apologies, I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I can only work out how to browse and not search the archives.

Cheers,

Ed