[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Jodie and Kahlan motherconfessor at samobile.net
Sat Mar 26 16:06:15 UTC 2016

Hi Rob. I'm Chris's fiance Jodie. We are both blind and I think she is
testing us both, but we don't know what else to do now. We live in
Vermont and spanking is legal. We don't do it with her pants down, or
with anything other than our hands. It's only a last resort when we've
tried everything else. We both hate it, but it seems to have no effect
on her. I guess parents tell the truth when they say spanking hurts
them more than it does the child.

We've talked to Head Start, and with her doctor. She's referring us to
a behavioral therapist. That was Tuesday and we were told we'd hear
from the behavioral therapist within the week. We haven't heard
anything yet, but we're also working with a family advocate person from
one of our local family organizations and she's going to talk to the
therapist too.

Thanks for your reply; Chris and I appreciate any suggestions or
encouragement at this point. I feel like nothing we do has worked.