[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Jessica Reed jessicac.kostiw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 18:19:23 UTC 2016

First, I wish I could give you a hug.  Being a parent is the hardest thing
ever!  It is clear that you love your daughter, and the amount of stress you
are experiencing is radiating through your message.  I'm sorry.

While reading your message a few questions were coming to mind.  How long
has this been going on?  Was it a gradual increase of defiance?  From most
of what I have read time outs don't work.  How much positive attention is
your daughter receiving?  Could this be a cry for attention?  The only other
thing I would add is that maybe consider reaching out to a child
psychologist.  Your daughter may not be able to express what is going on,
but it really seems there is a bigger issue causing this.

Best of luck, and please let us know how things progress.

Cheering you on!
Jessica Reed