[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Wed Mar 30 13:55:21 UTC 2016

Yes, it sounds like she has learned she can move faster than you can, (should not be true) when she wants to, and how she wants to, as a matter of course.  She believes her actions rule the home.  You will need to be physically on your feet and active with her when you need her to obey you, especially since you know she may not, decide to run, or do other things she can get away with if you are not in her vicinity to call a halt.  I'm not suggesting chasing her down at all, but am suggesting that you are in her space enough where she cannot run.  You will now have to retrain her that you have the control by being right there with her when you ask her to do something so she doesn't have a chance to run.

Judy