[blparent] language use concern

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Wed Mar 30 14:12:57 UTC 2016

I think you are right about the correcting.  Ignoring the language will make him believe it is okay.  You are right it has to be nipped in the bud.  Think of an alternative phrase you can teach him so he can still express his feelings but not with undesirable language.
This may sound picky to you guys, but we would never let our girls say "Shut up,"  since that phrase can lead to so many explosive situations and hurt feelings.  We did have them say "Be quiet."  One time, a Jamaican friend of our said "Quiet yourself," so we ended up adopting that phrase.

Judy