[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Wed Mar 30 13:49:07 UTC 2016

Good for you, and some added thoughts as well.

Not knowing the situation, you have to be physically in their presence and on your feet with these little ones, and maybe you already are.  Example, if someone was in with her while brushing her teeth, being right with her to help her finish on time.  She shouldn't be able to run from you if you are there with her, physically aware of where she is and what she is really doing.  The chances of her running from you guys are slim if you are active with her, in her area, and can anticipate what she is doing.  Again, I say this, not being there and seeing how active you guys may be.  It sounds like she has gotten away with tiny things at first years ago, and these have now escalated into big things.  You will have to retrain her thinking and be in her space.  The older kids can be left more on their own to brush their teeth and get things done when they have been trained.

Judy