[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Thu Mar 31 15:57:46 UTC 2016

Yes, I can too.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: BlParent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Star Gazer via BlParent
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:51 AM
To: 'Blind Parents Mailing List'
Cc: Star Gazer
Subject: Re: [blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

			When I need to get my older daughter's attention and I know she isn't paying attention, I'll say her name, then tell her "look at me with both eyes" then I wait. I view it like hand shaking between machines. Machines can't exchange data unless they've gone through the proper protocol and the handshake means "Ok, I'm here and ready"
This is usually done behind the scenes but I can remember when it wasn't.