[blparent] How to make an accessible sticker chart?

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 01:04:49 UTC 2016

Hello, Tara,

We did make accessible sticker charts for the kids that hung on our
refrigerator.  These were actually chore charts.  I made graph pages with 11
by 11.5 inch braille paper by typing out lines of braille C's double-spaced
and across both width and length to create squares.  I saved the top of the
chart for its title.

If memory serves, each girl had her own chart.  The days were arranged down
the left side of the chart, with chores listed across the top.  I think we
had a week per chart.  Once I had made one, they were easy to duplicate, and
you can braille on 2 sheets at a time with the Perkins.

For stickers, I bought a package of the quarter-inch diameter stickers of
various types, such as fruits, flowers, smileys, etc., and they were the
right size to fit in the squares.

If one girl did all her chores for the day, that day's row would be filled
with stickers.

For your little one, simple things like taking her nap, putting toys away,
being mom's helper, can be rewarded with stickers.

Best wishes.

Judy