[blparent] Colors: some questions

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:00:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just from my experience, color apps are poor and not dependable, be they
Apple or Android.

The better thing is the Rainbow 2 Color Identifier that can be found on
Amazon.  It is the most accurate one I have found.

But what I did when my girls were younger is go to a fabric store.  I bought
swatches of all the basic plus general colors I could think of, including
silver and gold.  About 16 different colors.  I made sure that the pink, for
instance, was a basic pink, not mauve or dusty rose, or anything like that.
Basic blue green yellow orange purple red, gray, etc.  And of course black
and white.  I used the sewing machine to create a binding and sew together a
cloth booklet about 3 by 3 inches.  I braille labeled each swatch with its
color name by using clear adhesive laminate.

This little book went with us everywhere in the diaper bag or my purse, and
is a very quiet entertainment tool for toddlers.  Also washable.

Judy