[blparent] advice for how to visit places like national parks

dawn stumpner dawn205120 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 13:18:50 UTC 2017

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has some good tips for getting to
national parks.  I've generally found when I try to research it
that it's easy to fly to an airport in the general vicinity of a
national park, say 80 miles away, but it's harder to find
affordable options (or sometimes any options) to get from the
airport to the national park, and there doesn't usually seem to
be a shuttle or something to get to places that are far from each
other (like where you sleep and eat and the park).  I'm blind and
don't drive, and now I finally do have one son who drives, but
he's still too young to rent a car, and I'm not too keen anyway
on throwing him into driving, say, from LAX Airport in Los
Angeles to the Redwood Forest.  Are there some national parks
that are more known for having shuttles or buses? Do you have any
other ideas? I'd really like to take the kids to Sequoia or the
Redwoods, but I'm also interested in places like the Everglades,
Crater Lake in Oregon, Olympia National Park in Washington, Mt.
Renier, the Smokey Mountains, etc.
     Dawn