[blparent] Parenting Without Sight - Survey - Revised Link

Alomi Parikh alomiparikh24 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:36:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

Oh alright! I wasn't aware of that, I will send it out in the mail itself.

After re-reading my questions, it seems that some questions were
overlapping so this is the final questionnaire of the previous questions
and survey questions combined. Some of them are simple Yes-No questions for
statistical data.

To clarify once again, most of these questions were asked to Sighted
Parents as well and the purpose of this is to see how similar or how
different the answers are.

There is no compulsion to answer any particular question, please feel free
to answer the ones you are comfortable with. If you have already answered
some of these, please skip them!

1. Are you a Parent?

2. If yes, how many children do you have?

3. What is your Gender?

4. What is your profession?

5. How would you best term your vision? (Options: Normal Vision, Mild
Impairment, Partially Blind, Legally Blind, Totally Blind or Other)

6. In your opinion/experience, what are the most common safety hazards to
infants? (0-12 months)? You may list as many as you think are the most
common.
The options are:
Falling, Choking, Diarrhea, Suffocation, Unknown Allergies, Drowing,
Accidental Burns or any other (Please specify)

7. Have you ever felt unable to independently take care of your
infant?  (Options: Yes, No, Prefer not to say)

8. What is/was the most worrisome part of raising an infant?

9. Have you ever had to depend on a sighted person for your infant's safety
in any way? If yes, please explain the reasons or experience briefly.

10. What are some unconventional methods you use to keep your infant safe?

11. What are some solutions you would suggest to feel completely
independent when it comes to making sure your infant is safe?

12. How would you tackle a situation where your infant is choking
or suffocating but you cannot see the symptoms?

13. Thank you so much for your valuable time. If there is anything you
would like to add kindly write it down below. Please feel free to leave any
constructive comments!

I would like to heartily thank all those of you reading these long
email-chains and responding to help me out. It really means a lot to me.

Thank you.

Alomi Parikh