[blparent] Introduction and invitation to participate in a study on experiences of adults with RP

Mercedes Zapata memezapata at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 00:04:35 UTC 2017

Good evening BlParent community,

My name is Mercedes Zapata and I’m a doctoral student in the Graduate
School of Education at the University of California, Berkeley. I was
diagnosed with RP when I was 10 years old. This is my first post to the
mailing list. I’ve just been a reader on this list for about a year now
because I don’t have children yet and am just here trying to learn some
things from all of you.

I’m reaching out now to invite everyone who is over the age of 18 and who
has been diagnosed with RP to participate in my latest study, which focuses
on the experiences and perspectives of individuals with RP. I am not
exclusively interested in RP-related visual impairment but the current
study is exclusive to individuals who have RP. I hope this email invitation
is appropriate given the purpose and goals of this group and I apologize if
it is not.

For those who are interested, the following text-only survey will take
approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete. I tried it successfully with
ZoomText and basic Mac zoom features, but I am not sure about other
programs.

https://berkeley.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0J7REsKzv8hffmJ

Thank you everyone for sharing your questions and expertise on this mailing
list! Thank you, also, to those of you who are willing and able to help me
with this survey.

Warmly,

Mercedes