[blparent] Having Sleepovers With Sighted Friends

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:45:37 UTC 2018

Dear Parents,

I hope all of you are doing well. The subject of this email stems from an incident that happened to me when I was in sixth grade. One of my sighted friends invited me to a sleepover at her house. When I asked my mom if I could go, she said no. I was upset about it for a long time, and just sat on the couch and cried. At the time I was sad about not being able to attend the sleepover. Looking back now, I can say that my parents did the right thing by not letting me go. They did not know my sighted friend or her parents, so I can't blame them for not allowing me to attend. I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Roanna Bacchus