[blparent] New blind parents

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sun Jun 24 08:27:06 UTC 2018

Hi, Tony. There isn't a tutorial on blind parenting, but then, there isn't a tutorial on parenting in general. You just have to figure it out as it happens. I have a ten-year-old daughter, and raising her a day at a time has been one of the greatest blessings, and quite often one of the greatest challenges, of my life. Congratulations, and welcome to the adventure!

Some links you might find helpful are:

https://blindmotherhood.com/

https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/brochures/BlindParents/ParentingWithoutSight.html

There are lots of other blogs, Facebook groups, and publications available by and for blind parents, much more so than there were even ten years ago when I started out on this journey. I hope you find the support you need. As others have said, feel free to ask specific questions.

Regards,
Jo Elizabeth Pinto

"The Bright Side of Darkness"
Is my award-winning novel,
Available in Kindle, audio, and paperback formats.
http://www.amazon.com/author/jepinto