[blparent] Advice from other blind mothers who have had gestational diabetes during pregnancy?

Elif Emir Öksüz filerime at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:08:25 UTC 2018

Hi Dacia,
I had it when I was pregnant. I was on a diet and exercising. Then
they put me on an oral medication. I got the talking glucose meter
from Amazon. It's name is Protegy. I was also given the standard Free
Style brend non-talking glucose meter. Believe or not non-talking one
was easyer to use for me. Because putting my blood on the Free style
strip was easier for me. I was reading it with Taptapsee App. It was
working great. I was also keeping a record on my computer. Protegy has
a memory but it only reads the current measurement.
I should have both of them somewhere with extra strrips. Especially
for Freestyle I have a non-opened box of strips, 100 count. I can mail
the strips and the devices to you if you are interested in.