[blparent] Advice from other blind mothers who have had gestational diabetes during pregnancy?

Ronit Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:30:43 UTC 2018

Hi Dacia,
I had gestation diabetes during my first pregnancy and I bought a talking glucose meter from the NFB store and this was super helpful in helping me monitor my levels. I only needed to control with diet while monitoring my sugars so I never needed insulin. You can find a lot of recipes online for gestational diabetes but in general, limit your carbs and when you do have some, have protein with it. Breakfast is the hardest to control so be very strict about what you eat at breakfast time. Good luck.
Ronit