[blparent] Hello, I am a student in South Korea and I wanted to know more about blind parenting. Can anyone answer to my questions? Thank you.

Jeff Lee jefflee.ldh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:43:34 UTC 2019

Hello, before moving on to Questions, I would like to make an apology for
my rudeness to send such a message to the group mailing list.

I am currently working on an engineering project to help problems
blind parents are facing on a daily basis.

Here is my question.
Specifically, what kind of inconvenience do blind parents feel when they
take their children out to the streets, parks or playground?
For example, I found out that bells or reins are commonly used by blind
parents to keep their children close and safe when they go out together.
However, are such methods effective or safe enough?

I wanted to find out if their's any room for technology to come in and
replace or enhance conventional methods such as bells or reins. Therefore,
I would be very glad if any of you can tell me the inconvenience or problem
of using reins or bells.

Any kind of feedback or sharing of experience will be very helpful to me.
Thank you.