[blparent] Any blind parents homeschooling cited children?

Dianna Alley dianna24 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 22:50:00 UTC 2019

I did it for a while and I also did a virtual school as well.  I never worried about the fact my kid was sighted.  I did the virtual school so she could learn handwriting, but I don't worry about that much these days anyway because by middle school and high school she will be typing everything anyway for the most part.  Her writing is readable unless she does not care that day then her school counts of so she is learning to care.  Mine needed more socialization than I felt I could give, but I would not trade the time with her.  It prepared her more for living in the world outside of me.  I think children need that as well.