[blParent] Car ownership and insurance issues

Nicole D Fincham-Shehan ndfinchamshehan at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 23:48:00 UTC 2020

Yes, you can own the car and also have the insurance in your name. You would add her to your insurance plan as the driver. Check the various companies though for rates, they may vary due to her age. Also, if she is a good student, that may give you an additional discount.

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
ADA Consultant
Health Educator
Work Phone: 561-768-5424
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Email Address: ndfinchamshehan at yahoo.com

> On Jan 12, 2020, at 6:23 PM, Nevzat Adil via BlParent <blparent at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi all,

My wife and I are both blind and we have a 17 year old daughter who is
taking driving lessons.
She will soon get her license and we plan to buy her a car.
Since she is underage can she own the car?
If not can the parents own it although they are blind?
And how does the insurance issue work?
Your comments will be appreciated.
--
Nevzat Adil