[blParent] Medication Question

Donna Casteen mermaid71007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:55:27 UTC 2021

Depending on the thickness of the liquid medication, on average one drop equals 0.05ml. Four drops would be 0.2ml. A pharmacist may be able to mark a syringe for you, by placing a small cut or piece of tape on the plunger part of a syringe. I test the medication dropper to see how much pressure I need to apply to squeeze out one drop by drawing up water in the syringe & squeezing the bulb end of the syringe & letting the drops of water drop into the palm of my free hand. Once my children were able to count, I would practice using a medication dropper filled with water & have the child count the drops out loud, pausing between each squeeze.

Donna