[blParent] Watching Sesame street on iPad

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:50:26 UTC 2021

Hi all,
We would like to let our children watch Sesame street, but I have no
experience with online streaming services.   Wondering if anyone can
recommend one. Accessibility with VoiceOver is my biggest concern. We
have an iPad for that, but we can consider somehow streaming it to big
screen smart TV as well.
So from my brief investigation Sesame street appears to be available in
Hulu, but not in Netflix. Does anyone know if Hulu app is accessible?
Or would it make more sense to try from iTunes/AppleTV? I've heard mixed
opinions regarding AppleTV, e.g. not reliable and too expensive, but
would be curious to hear opinions.
Are there any other options that we should consider? I've heard of Roku
for example, but I don't quite understand what it is supposed to do
since it allows streaming from Netflix or Hulu, so it's not a content
provider in my understanding. Is Roku app accessible and is it worth
investigating?
I also found Sesame street app, but it doesn't appear to contain full
episodes, only short clips.
Thanks!
Tony