[blParent] Watching Sesame street on iPad

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:00:52 UTC 2021

Hulu is great and accessible.
We have an Amazon fire tv which is accessible and pple tv which p redates amazon fire. I don't like Apple tv as much since you have to point the remote so very precisely at the apple tv which is  small little device.
I do like that both apple tv and Amazon Fire tv talk, I know what the kids re watching and I can adjudicate if they think a show/movie will be fine but I know it won't.
For example I remember when my oldest was bout 7 and she wanted to watch  dolphin movie. She loved the movie A Dolphin's Tail and wanted another dolphin movie. She found one and it said something like "a troubled teenage girl..." and I shut it down telling her that a "troubled teenage girl" didn't mean she was having trouble in math class or that her parents were troubled about how the back deck was put on their house. I explained to her that there were going to be scenes that weren't nice and that we'd not be watching that movie. That's not info she would have known by the movie description or by the title of the movie and no I can't remember what it was. Sesame is also on hbo so see if your cable provider will give you a package, we get hbo, hulu Netflix and a bunch of streaming services.