[blParent] Accessible Monitor or Surveillance System

ben.vercellone at mailbox.org ben.vercellone at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 25 13:36:03 UTC 2023

Hi Judy,

My wife and I listen to our daughter very consistently throughout the day.
The bells on the shoes sound great. I also find the idea of not calling out
"Where are you?" and things like that to be interesting, although we often
do search for our girl rather than call her. The reason I e-mailed this list
is to find a solution that will allow us to go out of earshot of anyone in
the kitchen, like when one of us needs to use the bathroom. Yes, our
3-year-old daughter gets into minor-league but irritating trouble that
quickly. At least a system I'm looking for may help us know exactly when she
entered the kitchen. Thus, my wife or I have a mental timestamp which allows
for much better short-term time management and strategizing. We also have a
7month-old daughter. I work full-time. My wife and I often need to take a
short break. We don't take nearly as many breaks as some people think are
healthy. I know life doesn't line up with text book or health book knowledge
very often, especially with young kids. A prime example is how difficult it
can be to get 7-to-9 hours of sleep. We get far, far less, but we make
things work. But a system that I'm researching will at least in theory help
our mental health somewhat throughout the day. It's really not much
different than how parents use classic or even high-tech baby monitors
before babies can move about the home independently.

Sincerely,
Ben