[blParent] Calling all blind and visually impaired and family members about the upcoming solar eclipse

ken Quinn cj3639 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:48:20 UTC 2024

ECLIPSE 2024
Calling all blind and visually impaired individuals…
Are you interested in the upcoming solar eclipse? Well then, you are in luck.  On April 8th, 2024 for about 3 minutes the disk of the Sun will be covered by the disk of the Moon, IF you are in the “path of totality.”  What is the path of totality might you ask? Well, it is where the Moon’s shadow, called the umbra, hits the Earth; and, it just so happens that Penn West University, Edinboro campus is in the path of totality!

We want to invite you to join us to experience the eclipse on campus near Mallory Lake. The adventure will begin at 1:00pm.

A real-time live feed of the event will be provided by NASA from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Two other added bonuses include:
Free tactile eclipse books developed by NASA, PennWest University and College of Charleston will be distributed to all in attendance.
Rain or shine, you will have a chance to witness the eclipse in real-time using tactile tablets!  Imagine that, even if it is cloudy, you will still enjoy the event tactually!  This will be brought to you by Tactile Engineering (Indiana based company that produces the Cadence Tablet) in conjunction with Penn West Edinboro.