[blParent] Exhausted and frustrated

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:51:07 UTC 2024

					Teething was my guess too, and just so you know, the pain is unbearable to the point that adults if they had to go through it couldn’t endure it
Also, where is the baby during the day? Asking because he may be napping at inappropriate times or not eating enough, I well remember asking daycare for info on how my kid’s day was and the info being vaguer then I’d like at times.
My guess is that it’s teeth and I’d do whatever you guys need to do to sleep. In our case, it was a lot of sleeping in the same bed and if that didn’t work, whichever baby it was (and we have 3 kids) and I would rock in a rocking chair and listen to a lot of old time radio comedy and variety. Bob and Jack were our favorite companions on nights like that. Bob Hope and Jack Benney for those who have no idea what I'm referring to.
Also, I’ve decided the newborn stage never really goes away, it just takes different forms, kids need what they need when they need it, and often whatever it is takes a lot of patience and love. In other words, what should be bedtime may not actually be bedtime and what they should understand or know how to do they may really need or want you around. You’ll be a lot happier if you deal with what is then what you thought you’d be doing.
Also, you may want to take him to the doctor and have them check for ear infections. My oldest was getting her first experience with those as a baby. If that’s what it is, antibiotics is a real easy fix.