[Cabs-talk] rumors and reality: cabs election?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 03:57:43 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I understand that our state convention is  in october, and at that
time is   the anual cabs meeting. I've already been   hearing rumors
swirlingabout regarding  individuals who might be interested in
running for  board positions that may or may not be up for election.
 I'm wondering if there can't be a fourm where   the membership can:
 A. find about about whatexciting things cabs has planned or has in
the works for the cabs meeting

B.  hear about elections; and how they work
C. find out  what positions are  up for election.
D. who's running for what position and why.
 I think it would be rather benifitial, to have all of the canadates
who wish to seek election in one place,  talking  about their
backgrounds, what they believe they would bring to  the division to
strenthin it and be willing to answer any questions that the
membership might have.
 I propose that if we do  have something like this, that we have a
moderator who would ask  two or three questions  to the canadets
running for these positions as well.
  I  am interested to hear  from the membership;anybody, really who
has a thought on this. I would encourage everybody as students to
chime in on the idea.
  Thanks and have a splended evening.
 best
  Darian