[Cabs-talk] New Topic!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:46:41 UTC 2009

So at the risk of being a wet blanket... anyone up for a topic change?
 So.. I'm looking into taking sign language classes at berkley city
college.  After a little bit of asking around the concern that was
posed from the head of the   ASL department was  that due to the fact
that there are  spacial and  facial considerations that are more
visual in nature, they were not  sure how I would do in the class.
 it's it worth noting that they did suggest talking to  the DSO about
accomidations  for the  class. they did say that they   have had
visually impaired students in this class, but they've had to drop  out
because of the frustration and the  amount  of information being
presented in the class.
 people's thoughts?
  Darian