[Cabs-talk] JAWS VS WindowEyes

Sam Bloomberg teknoblink at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:32:04 UTC 2010

Thanks for the welcome and the response.

Here's the thing.  The rebellious side of me wants to react to the
idea that JAWS is the standard, but the practicalside understands why.
 I have heard that learning WindowEyes has been made easier and that
there is a script to teach you while making the transition, but does
anyone know anything about GW Micro?

I learned that they are in Indiana, but I can't find anything about
their funding.  Do we know that they will be around for a while?  I
know that they have been making WindowEyes for quite some time, but
if, as it has been suggested, JAWS is the standard don't they have a
hard time competing?

I would much rather support an American company instead of a huge
corporation like Freedom Scientific who gets its funding from a
foreign investment group, but I still need to keep up with my classes.