[Cabs-talk] A giant step backwards for the disabled in CA

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 00:12:17 UTC 2011

Hello Sam,
  First, I would like to thank you for  taking the oppertunity to
reach out and share this information and how it concerns you and many
blind students (like myself) in california.  In this time of cost
cutting and  service cutbacks, we she be very aware of
whateducational, recreational and vocational based services we enjoy,
and  the danger of losing them.   I recieved a piece  of  technology
from dor and was fortunate to recieve high quality personalized
training on the  item, and also enjoyed follow-up services anytime I
needed them and suspect many of us have similar expiriences. I  would
hate to sseesomething that has clearly aided us in our journey to
being successful students and eventually successful working
professionals go slipping away, if we clearly have a need for it and
can do something to hault it's  loss. Understanding that  this is not
to say  that we  arn't losing  the access to  technology, however we
are losing  the ability to  gain access to  expertese more readily
available to us, if all sounds as it does.
    The question I have is, do we have some information released  to
the  public to show what's being shared here?  Unfortunately, I have
heard   only bits and pieces of projected budget cut information
related to education, and  have not had the oppertunity to investigate
further.  Any information to this end  that can be shared   with the
listwould be much appreciated.
    REgards,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

"You could be shown the road, given the vehicle, even handed the key.
But only you can have the drive."