[Cabs-talk] AP Economics - PLEASE Help if you have experience

Hoby Wedler hobywedler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:04:18 UTC 2013

I couldn't agree more with Mary here.
As a blind chemist, I have a choice. I could spend hours and hours trying to
read visual graphs, charts, and figures on my own using accessible
technology or I could have a reader describe them in minutes. The same goes
when the time comes to generate the figures, graphs, etc.
I truly feel that independence is efficiency as a blind person. An
interesting question I often ask myself is, what really is independence? Is
it spending hours upon hours trying to do things with no help at all, or is
it working productively and efficiently with people and constructively
pairing our talents and skills to make a more efficient, more practical
system? I think it's the latter. It is for me at least.

If you haven't listened to it yet,
visit:
www.nfb.org
Navigate to "speeches" and listen to Kenneth Jernigan's "The Nature of
Independence."

Hope this helps,
-- Hoby