[Cabs-talk] Information Needed : California Vision Services

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 20 22:09:48 UTC 2013

Dear Sanjay,

Thank you for your message.  My name is Mary Willows.  I am the president of
the National Federation of the Blind of California and a Teacher of the
Visually Impaired.  I teach at the California School for the Blind which
happens to be located in Fremont.  California, like the rest of the nation,
is struggling with services to blind and visually impaired students in the
regular school districts.  It sounds like the adaptations you have made for
your son in the past are most effective.  I believe you will find that you
(parents) are your son's best advocate.  Be sure to see to it that the
services your son had in Maryland continue in California.  When are you
moving to California?  If you want to contact me off-list, my email address
is:
mwillows at sbcglobal.net
925) 895-2778