[Cabs-talk] My introduction

Hoby Wedler hobywedler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 23:59:50 UTC 2014

Hello Kartik,

Thank you very much for your email to the list.

My name is Hoby Wedler and I'm a 4th-year blind Ph.D. candidate in organic
chemistry at UC Davis.

I do computational organic chemistry, so everything is done on the computer.
I'm working with 3-D printing extensively as a way for me to feel optimized
structures I examine.

I'd love to talk with you and get to know you a bit better as there are many
opportunities for us to collaborate.

One question: Do you know Java? If so, I have a project that may be
interesting to you. I'm working with a very savvy programming team in The
Netherlands to create a platform whereby blind individuals can enter complex
molecular structures into the computer (and the quantum mechanics software
we use to study them) accessibly without using a GUI.
This could result in an all-expenses paid trip to The Netherlands if you're
interested.

Please let me know when we might be able to chat on the phone.

Thanks for introducing yourself, Kartik, and I look forward to talking with
you.

All the best,
-- Hoby Wedler