[Cabs-talk] Fwd: AJR36 update

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:10:17 UTC 2014

Greetings CABS,
 the following is a great opportunity for us to involve ourselves in real advocacy work that impacts  blind students.
 The   reason? Simply put,  we want to make sure that no blind student, blind person,  person like me, person like you ever needs to face the prospect of getting paid less than the minimum wage.
 Please read the below and see about acting on this.
 If I can answer any questions please seek me out.
  Best,
   Darian

> [...]
>
> Senator Lou Correa, (D) Santa Ana, CA,Lou.Correa at sen.ca.gov, Staffer is Jano DeKermenjian,Jano.DeKermenjian at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Mark DeSaulnier, (D), Walnut Creek and Antioch, CA,Mark.DeSaulnier at sen.ca.gov, Staff personEmlyn Struthers, Emlyn.Struthers at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Noreen Evans, (D), Santa Rosa, Eureka, Ukiah, Vallejo, and San Rafael,Noreen.Evans at sen.ca.gov, staff person Heather Scott, Heather.Scott at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Jerry Hill, (D) San Mateo, CA, Jerry.Hill at sen.ca.gov, Staff person, Meegan Murray,Meegan.Murray at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Mark Leno, (D), San Francisco, CA,Mark.Leno at sen.ca.gov, staff person is Danielle Lenth,Danielle.Lenth at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Carol Liu, (D), Glendale, CA,San Dimas, CA,  Carol.Liu at sen.ca.gov,.  I do not have a staff member name for her.
>
> Senator Bill Monning, (D), San Luis Obispo,CA, Monterey, CA, Santa Cruz, CA, Gilroy, CA,Bill.Monning at sen.ca.gov, staff person isKathy Smith, Kathy.Smith at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Fran Pavley, (D), Calabasas, CA,Fran.Pavley at sen.ca.gov, staff person isChris Chavez, Chris.Chavez at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Norma J. Torres, (D), Chino, CA,Norma.J.Torres at sen.ca.gov, staff person is Roy Sianez, Roy.Sianez at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Ed Hernandez, (D), West Covina, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Ed.Hernandez at sen.ca.gov,Lynne Andres, Lynne.Andres at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, (D), Santa Barbara, CA, Oxnard, CA,Hannah.Beth.Jackson at sen.ca.gov, staff person is Mathew Montgomery,Mathew.Montgomery at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Richard D. Roth, (D), Riverside, CA,Richard.Roth at sen.ca.gov, staff person is Bethany Woy, Bethany.Woy at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Senator Lois Wolk, (D), Vacaville, CA Napa, CA, Vallejo, CA, Lois.Wolk at sen.ca.gov, staff person is Marivel Barajas,Marivel.Barajas at sen.ca.gov.
>
> Again, all we need is a simple letter requesting that these senators support AJR36.  Your request to the staff people should be to ask their bosses to support AJR36.  Should you have any questions please feel free to call me at (415) 827-4084 or email me at mike at michaelhingson.com.  Pleast take the time to stand up and be heard.  Thanks in advance.
>

> Best,
>

> Michael Hingson
>

> The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
> "Speaking with Vision"
> Michael Hingson, President
> (415) 827-4084
> mike at michaelhingson.com
> To order Michael Hingson's new book, Running With Roselle, and check on Michael Hingson's speaking availability for your next event please visit:

Darian Smith
1st Vice President, California Association of Blind Students
dsmithnfb at gmail.com
www.nfbcal.org/cabs
Follow CABS on twitter: @cabs_cali