[Cabs-talk] Receiving Financial Assistance from the DOR for College Expanses

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 23:17:46 UTC 2014

Hello CABS,
What procedure (if any) do you usually go through when trying to get
financial reimbursement for textbook purchase?
In the end, if any, what kind of assistance do you get for your
textbook purchase?
I was told by my counselor that she can only reimburse up to $100 with
prior approval. Is this true?
Also, in addition to textbook purchase, I am having a hard time
communicating with my counselor about financial assistance for college
tuition. I was once told from an adult who attended university in
California that I am eligible for state university tuition but my DOR
counselor says that for my first two years the DOR can only provide up
to community college tuition when certain conditions are met.
I think this is mainly a problem of miscommunication and
misunderstanding on my part to a certain extent.
How could I find out accurate information regarding these matters?
Best,
Miso Kwak