[Cabs-talk] Receiving Financial Assistance from the DOR for College Expanses

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 20:01:45 UTC 2014

Hello,
Thank you to everyone who has taken a time to reply to my emails either
on list or off list.
Brandon, Marianne, your replies made me laugh for different reasons...
What I am frustrated about is the discrepancy that exists within the
same service provider (DOR of California) as displayed in this very own
email thread. Someone is receiving surplus of funding for whatever
reason while I am continuously feeling that I am misinformed and
unfairly treated. Why is this so?
I do have a part time job which I am learning a lot from and receiving
enough money for me to not have to ask my parents for allowances.
However, this is not sufficient at all for textbook purchases and costs
for attending an UC institution.
The DOR is certainly frustrating because of the burucreacy that exists
and discrepancy that I find from what I experience and other people
whom I know with different counselors experience.
I am not trying to receive money I do not deserve if the government
finds that my family makes too much money in their standards. I am just
looking for information from a source I can trust and something that I
can navigate easily if I qualify for the funding.
Miso Kwak