[Cabs] Report From Conference Call

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:52:19 UTC 2009

  Hello,

No doubt many would disagree with my opinion, and some may believe that
I am being too harsh. However, if a secretary can't form notes that are
spelled correctly, have proper grammar, and takes half of the conference
call to discuss notes which are still messed up, then I don't put much
faith in the secretary elected to represent the Colorado Students. Are
there no requirements other than being a student to fulfill the role of
secretary, or any position for that matter? I should hope that my
treasurer can count and keep track of funds, my secretary  can take
notes that, while brief, are understandable, and my president can return
emails when I send them out. So far, I have emailed a request to the
president regarding the requirements for board positions. I want to know
what is required to be a secretary or a treasurer of CABS. Also, if
there was any effort whatsoever put into the website, this process would
be transparent and no questions would need to be asked. Now, maybe some
will see this email as some guy writing an email to ramble about things,
however, I wave offered to work on the site, I have offered to help out
with many other things, in fact. Many of these such things keep on
getting delayed. For example, while I brought issues about the website
up two months ago, I was told at the last meeting that a meeting of the
tech committee wouldn't take place until next month. I was also told
over a week ago at the last conference call that a list of committee
members (a full list) would be sent out to this list, and unless
something is going on with my email, I have not received such a list.

My hope with taking up bandwidth in posting this message is to see
change, and I hope that our leadership will rise up and answer the call
with transparency. If guidelines are not set, I hope they _will _be set.
Abel, this message was in no way intended to hurt your feelings, and I
am sure that there are many other positions that you would be better
suited to on the CABS board. However, the secretary ought to be able to
speak clearly, read and write minutes, and post them to a forum such as
this list in a timely manner hopefully to be determined by CABS. I know
we are all busy, but this shouldn't be an excuse for a lack of
transparency. Also, if anyone got their feelings hurt and wishes to
discuss it with me, please email me privately at nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
and I will do my best to alleviate your concerns.

Thank you for your time in reading this message, and I look forward to
any responses.

Nimer J

Nimer M. Jaber

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Phone:
(720) (251-4530)